If you love the thrill of riding a motorcycle, it’s essential that you have the right motorcycle insurance to protect you in the case of an accident. At Insured ASAP, we make it easy to compare motorcycle insurance quotes online in Chicago from top-rated providers. You can rest assured that you’re getting the coverage you need at an affordable price.
Looking for Motorcycle Insurance in Illinois?
If you ride a motorcycle, chances are Insured ASAP covers what you ride. We cover a full spectrum of motorcycles from:
- Street cycles
- Harley Davidsons
- Trike conversions
- Classic bikes
- Touring bikes
- Dirt bikes
Motorcycle insurance works very much like auto insurance in that it provides you with many of the same coverages.
How Motorcycle Insurance Works
We’ve broken down motorcycle insurance into different categories to help you understand the basics.
Coverage that Protects Your Bike
- Collision coverage: If you accidentally hit another car or object, or if another driver runs into you, collision coverage will kick in.
- Comprehensive coverage: This type of coverage is for accidents not related to a collision. For example, if your bike is vandalized, damaged by a falling object, starts on fire, or is stolen, comprehensive coverage will kick in.
- Emergency roadside assistance coverage: In the case that you get a flat tire, you run out of gas, or your bike simply stops working, you can rely on emergency roadside assistance coverage.
Coverage That Protects You & Your Passengers
- Medical payments coverage: Regardless of who is at fault for the accident, this type of coverage exists to cover medical bills in the case that you or your passenger(s) become injured.
Coverage That Protects Your Wallet
- Bodily injury liability coverage: If you cause an injury to another person involved in the accident, bodily injury liability is designed to pay any costs associated with their personal damages.
- Property damage liability coverage: Designed to cover property damage to items such as a car or a house if you’re found to be at fault for the accident.
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury liability: In the case that the at-fault driver is uninsured, this will cover your medical bills, lost wages, etc.
- Underinsured motorist bodily injury liability: If the at-fault driver doesn’t have the proper coverage to pay for your medical bills, lost wages, etc., this coverage will pay for any necessary costs.
FAQs About Motorcycle Insurance in Chicago
Does motorcycle insurance cover my passenger?
It depends on the coverage that you have. The most general type of motorcycle insurance is liability insurance, and this will typically not cover the passenger in the accident. Both comprehensive and collision coverage can provide protection against the passenger, so we always recommend having this included in your policy.
Is it required by law to have motorcycle insurance?
Yes. Every state requires some sort of motorcycle insurance for riders. The specific coverage amount varies by state, so make sure you’re aware of your state’s minimum coverage before you hit the road.
Can I carry too much insurance?
Staying protected is an important part of being a motorcycle owner. It’s ideal that you carry at least the minimum, but, if possible, you should opt for more coverage than necessary. The nature of riding a motorcycle is dangerous, so knowing that you’re protected is worth every penny.
How to Get Started on Your Motorcycle Quote
We know that motorcycle insurance can be confusing, but our experts are here to help ensure you understand your rights. To get started on your personalized motorcycle insurance quote, call our office or click over to our quotes page.
Either way, we’ll make the process simple!